CGT / TSA
@ 2007 Click here
@2011-11 – Click here
About Central Gauteng Triathlon also known as CGT
Central Gauteng Triathlon is the Governing body for the Sports of Triathlon and Duathlon in Central Gauteng Region. The National Governing body is Triathlon South Africa and the International Governing body is the International Triathlon Union.
CGT is responsible for the Administration, Promotion, Development and Team Selection in the Province.
For the sake of clarity, the abbreviations used in the text are as follows:
- ITU (International Triathlon Union)
- TSA (Triathlon South Africa);
- CGT (Central Gauteng Triathlon).
When you become a member of TSA, your affiliation gets administered through the Province that you reside in, in this case Central Gauteng Triathlon. The Provincial body is therefore more so your Triathlon and Duathlon home than the National body.
Johannesburg, Midrand, East Rand, West Rand, Delmas and the Southern Gauteng regions make up the Province of Central Gauteng.
When you have registered you will receive a number similar to this – CGT/1234/13.
The first three alphabetical numbers on your TSA membership number denotes your Province i.e. CGT refers to Central Gauteng Province. The next 4 numbers /1234/ is your member ID for the year and the last two numerals, /13, refers to the year of membership. Your correct membership number must be used and entered in on the entry process to all events to avoid paying a day licence and in particular in selection events for Provincial / National Team Selections.
The Triathlon / Duathlon Membership season runs from 01 September – 31 August each year. The age of the athlete is taken as at the 31st December of the year in which the season ends i.e. If you register in September 2012 for the 2012/2013 season and your age is12 on the 25th December 2013 then you would be competing in and register as a 12 year old.
The registration fee for the 2012/2013 season the fee is set at R400 for Seniors and R300 for Juniors age 12 to 19 and for Juniors under the age of 12 Registration is Free. When you pay your registration fee, about R120 of the fee is paid to TSA the National Body and the remainder goes to your Province for Administration, Event Support, Clinics, Training Courses, Development and so on.
Central Gauteng Triathlon have always and still manage the sport in our Province in the belief that it is imperative and crucial to build a strong Province and likewise a successful National body for the benefit of our Athletes.
All Athletes participating in Triathlon and Duathlon should Register (IRONMAN, Standard Distance and Fun Event Athletes).
Register now with TSA/CGT (Central Gauteng Trathlon) and avoid having to pay DAY LICENCE fees at IRONMAN and ANY other Triathlons or Duathlons that you may participate in.
We all gladly pay registration fees to CYCLING SA (for bike races) and ATHLETICS SA (for running races) so why not join TRIATHLON SOUTH AFRICA NOW!!
Visit www.triathlonsa.co.za and Register now.
WHY SHOULD I REGISTER
Is CGT / TSA MEMBERSHIP WORTHWHILE ???
Yes, of course and why …
- Provincial / National Teams – As a registered CGT Athlete you are eligible for selection to our Provincial Triathlon and Duathlon Teams who compete at the SA Triathlon and SA Duathlon Championships. This in turn also makes you eligible for selection to the TSA Teams selected to go to World Championships.
- Day Licences – Day Licences will apply to all un-registered Athletes at all events i.e. Joburg Tri Series of 3 events, Ironman, 70.3, the 5150 and so on and as such the amount paid for registration would ultimately be the same as the amount you would spend on Day Licences without consideration of the other benefits one gets as a registered member.
- Communication – +- 37 CGT email Newsletters are sent to all CGT registered Athletes every year keeping them updated of events and relevant information in the course of the year. In addition, those registered Athletes who had queries were professionally assisted by our offices. Information is regularly posted on the TSA website and a new CGT website with additional information is currently being updated.
- Administration and Support – Athletes receive professional administrative assistance from the CGT and TSA offices and all CGT Team members receive our Team Management Support at National Championships, funded from the Membership funds. allocation is made for the. Any Athlete who has been involved in our Teams, will tell you of the fantastic support and professional manner in which our Teams handled and dealt with by the Team Management supporting of our CGT Provincial Teams travelling to the SA Triathlon Championships and the SA Duathlon Championships.
- Quality Events – CGT and TSA ensure quality events ensuring that races that are held according to the highest ITU technical principles and competition rules, by sanctioning an event in our borders.
- Development – your registration assists both CGT and TSA to administer and develop the sport, officials and athletes.
- International event participation – Athletes participating in events overseas will need to provide proof of their affiliation to the National Body i.e. your CGT/TSA registration.
- Elite Athletes – you would need to be a registered Athlete should you qualify and want to participate as an elite athlete on the national or international circuit.
- Athlete Representation – Your Province CGT acts as the communication/ representation between yourself and the national body, Triathlon South Africa via our Provincial representation on the Board. A large, well organised province like CGT, is obviously a louder and clearer voice to be heard, so we need your support to be heard.
- Sponsorship and Support – Your registration is important as the more registered Athletes there are, the bigger the bargaining power of CGT/TSA to negotiate sponsorship and other support agreements for the benefit of the Athlete in our sport in particular with reference to the staging of events and training courses.
- Social Network – As a registered CGT / TSA athlete you will meet other athletes from all over South Africa and in particular should you be selected to go to an ITU World Championship for Triathlon or Duathlon as an Elite or Age Grouper you also meet athletes from all over the World who are passionate about the sport of Triathlon, Duathlon and Aquathlon. Your CGT /TSA membership affiliates you to this global family of like-minded people. Go and have a look on www.triathlon.org to see what the ITU keep busy with. They were the people that did all the work to get the sport of Triathlon into the Olympics.
- Athlete Insurance – All registered members of CGT/TSA Athletes automatically get cover by way of the TSA Athlete Insurance. NOTE – The cover as detailed below may change from time to time and you can get the full and detailed information from Triathlon South Africa. The cover applies to all athletes between the ages of 12 and 75 years of age whilst participating in official events held under the auspices of the TSA including TSA Official Training activities. Full details can be obtained from the TSA Offices but a brief overview of cover to TSA registered athletes for death, personal injury and disability cover is as detailed below,
- Accidental Death – R50 000, but for athletes aged between 12 & 16 years of age R30,000
- Permanent total disablement – Such percentage of R50,000 as is specified for the particular disability
- Temporary total disablement -(Refer Memorandum 1) R2,000 per week not exceeding 52 weeks, excluding the first seven days of each and every claim. (Only applicable if insured person is gainfully employed and cannot exceed 75% of that persons average weekly earnings) No cover for athletes aged between 12 & 16 years of age
- Medical Expenses – R20,000 per Insured Person excluding the first R300 of each and every claim
- IMPORTANT – MEMORANDUM-
- Insurers maximum liability / accumulation limit per accident is R10, 000, 000
- Medical expenses cover is only applicable if there is no other cover in place (including medical aid)
DON’T DELAY – REGISTER NOW…go to — http://www.triathlonsa.co.za/Registrations/Registration.aspx