CGT Duathlon Champs 2013
CENTRAL GAUTENG DUATHLON CHAMPIONSHIPS
The joint CGT/GNT Duathlon Champs took place on the 21st March 2013 at Babas Lodge.
- To view the Results – Click here
- Team Selected for SA Duathlon Championships – Click here
- All information on SA Duathlon Champs – Click here – includes information on all CGT athletes who were not selected but would like to compete in the SA Long Distance Duathon Championships
Date of Venue – 21st March 2013 – (Public Holiday on Thursday)
Venue – Babas Lodge, Northern Gauteng
- Babas Lodge – Directions and Map to Venue (GPS Coordinates: S 25° 29′ 06.86′ ; E 28° 11′ 11.76′ )
Entry – To Enter Event – Click here Entries close on the 19th March 2013
- Be sure to read all the information below first and Register with CGT to be Eligible for Selection to the Central Gauteng Duathlon Team
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH Central Gauteng Triathlon at to be eligible for selection to the CGT Provincial Triathlon Team – To Register Click here
- The age of the athlete will be determined as on 31 December of the year in which the season ends – for 2012/2013 the valid age would therefore be age as on 31 December 2013.
- Juniors 11 years and younger as at 31 December 2013, can register with CGT for free on the TSA Website.
- Juniors 12 and older as at 31 December 2013 who Register with CGT are eligible for selection for CGT Provincial Teams based on their performance at our Central Gauteng Triathlon and Duathlon Championship Events.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL ATHLETES
- This event is our CGT Duathlon Championships and the selection event for our CGT Provincial Team. CGT Selection Criteria click here
- This is where our Champions for the 2012-2013 season are determined and our Provincial Central Gauteng Duathlon Team are chosen who will represent our Province at the 2013 SA National Duathlon Championships (incl. the African Continental Duathlon Championships). The Championships will take place at the Kopanela Indoor Centre, SANDF Army Base, Potchefstroom, North West on 5th May 2013.
- Selections for our Central Gauteng Provincial Duathlon Squad 2013 and our CGT Duathlon Champions are determined in the following Age Groups.
- JUNIOR 12-13 JUNIOR 14-15 JUNIOR 16-17 JUNIOR 18-19
- SENIOR 20-24 SENIOR 25-29 SENIOR 30-34 SENIOR 35-39 and so on in 5 year Age Groups up to whatever Age.
- If you want to be eligible for selection, then you need to be Registered with CGT before entering the event. Register Now
*JUNIOR and SENIOR Championship Events – PLEASE NOTE
- This is our only CGT Selection Race.
- All other TSA Athletes from other Provinces as well as all Unregistered Athletes are welcome to compete but you will not be eligible for Selection to our CGT Team or CGT Championship Medals.
- The 1ST, 2ND and 3RD Central Gauteng Registered Athlete in each Age Group will each win a Gold, Silver or Bronze Medal respectively, which will be handed out at our “Team Kit hand-out and Presentation Evening” on the 30th April 2013 just prior to the SA National Duathlon Championships.
- All new Unregistered Juniors in the relevant Age Groups are also welcome to compete in these Events without being eligible or selection.
EVENT PROTOCOL / RULES / RACE PROTESTS –
- Note – All Athletes are required to understand and abide to all rules and regulations as laid down by the Even Organiser / TSA / CGT and ITU.
- See Competition Rules and Uniform Rules
- PROTESTS AND APPEALS -(chapters 12 and 13). ALL PROTESTS AND APPEALS HAVE TO BE UNDERTAKEN AND ACCOMPANIED BY THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION / FEE. NOTE – TIME LIMITS APPLY SEE CHAPTERS 12 AND 13.
- DRAFTING – Please be sure that you all understand the rules in terms of your event, be it a draft legal or non-drafting event
- Equipment – All members to take not of the specific rules as detailed in the Protocol Document Attached. Juniors are also again reminded to please take note of the following requirement – standard frame construction, drop handle bars, both wheels of normal spoke construction, clip-on tri bars permitted provided they do not extend beyond the brake levers and 15cm ahead of the front axle. Tri Bars must be bridged and all bar ends plugged. Mountain Bikes are acceptable. If you are unsure of any of the rules you can also check the Rules Link as detailed above.
LAST URGENT NOTES FOR CGT MEMBERS:-
- At the event on race day – There will be no CGT Representation at the Event on Race Day,
- The Admin Offices be not be available to assist you with any CGT Athlete queries between 13th March and the 25th March 2013 due to participation and attendance at SA Tri Champs.
- Be sure to deal with any queries before the 13th March 2013.
Events and Start Times
- NOTES –
- Age is determined as on 31 December 2013 and
- You have to be registered with your Province either (either CGT or GNT) before entering the event to be eligible for selection to the Provincial Teams.
- A Day license fee payable for all Non registered TSA members
- R30 for less than Standard Distance and
- R100 for Standard Distance.
Race 1: 10km run/40km Bike/5km Run (age 20+ & Fun) starts @ 8am
Race 2: 5km Run/20km Bike/ 2.5km Run (Jnr 16-19 &Fun) starts @ 10am
Race 3: 2.5km Run/10km Bike/1.25km Run (Jnr 12-15 & Fun) starts @ 11am
Race 4: 1km Run/5km Bike/1km Run (kiddies 8-11) MOUNTAIN BIKE EVENT – starts @ 8:45am
Event Entry Prices
- R300 for Standard Olympic Distance (Race 1)
- R 200 for Junior distances (Races 2 and 3)
- R50 for Kiddies Event (Race 4) – Mountain Bike Event.
Pre-Entries Teams: R400
Late-Entries: R400 Seniors and R300 Juniors
MC: Andre de Beer
Race Director: Wayne de Beer en Andre de Beer
Admin: Melissa de Beer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Officer: Anna Marie de Beer